Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rocket

Busy day today. Lots of apartments to clean, which is good because that means money earnt, which means we can go out for our tea tonight. Mostly I am working a couple of hours a day cleaning the apartments and I am certainly getting fitter.

Having said that we've otherwise been quite lazy since we got here. Generally, Alec works on the website in the morning and I clean apartments when needed, which is followed by lunch on the sunny porch and a drive or a walk down along the beach in the afternoon. We have been doing a fair bit of cooking though and even cooked a curry for Jo and Jason the other night. I made chocolate mousse just like mum used to make it for pudding which went down well, as did the dopiazza.

Speaking of cooking, we also found a recipe similar to mums on the internet for crispies (we didn't think you'd want a call at 5am UK time when we decided to make them mum) which has got me all nostalgic over food I used to have as a kid. The one biggie from childhood that most people in Scotland, and a few elsewhere, get all misty eyed over is cremola foam. I would love to be able to report that I have found a stash of the stuff in some obscure nook of NZ but, alas, no. The Kiwis do, however, have a type of fizzy drink called 'Raspberry', which tastes incredibly similar to cremola foam.

Anyway - finally got a copy of Neil's new cd the other day and have listened to it a few times already. Those of you who already have it (which will be pretty much everyone I guess unless you live further away than we do - i.e. the moon) will know how good it is and that I am not being biased when I tell anyone who doesn't have it to get a copy (email me to ask me how). You all know how talented he is anyway. For those that don't know, the money raised from the sales of the CD is going to charitable projects working in Africa, not Neil's drinking fund, which is probably a doubly good thing...

There are some really cool sounds throughout the album and I particularly like Rocket. I also had a little de ja vu with the final track. Wow - I have just realised that it was 1 year ago tomorrow that I was in my posh frock and Alec in his Rupert the Bear tartan, and only a day after that that Chris launched the rocket.

And if you got lost in that last paragraph, well, you'll just have to buy Neils new album to find out more won't you...

No comments: