U2 baby!!!!!!
Just back from seeing U2 play at Mount Smart stadium in Auckland. Fantastic!
No - you didn't miss me mentioning this before. We didn't mention it because we bought the tickets on Trade Me (NZ's eBay) and were paranoid that they were fakes. The thought of having to do the walk of shame back down the queue of people waiting to get into the stadium was bad enough, we didn't want to look stupid on an international scale too...
But, luckily, after making it into Auckland, down to the bus convoy, out to the stadium and through the queues and queues of people, the man on the door scanned the barcode on the ticket and the light on his little machine turned green and we were allowed in!! Yey!
The concert was great, even with a few brief, light showers. Though we didn't have seats we managed to bag ourselves a spot on a hill which gave us great views of the stage and light shows. All very, very cool.
They did, of course, play all the classics, including the special request I rang in personally to Bono this afternoon (or that's what I told Alec when 'with or without you' came on - I think he believed me!). Just so glad we made it.
And, to top the night off, I got a text from Bono on the way home. No, really, I did.
During the concert they put up an appeal for the Make Poverty History campaign with a number to text to make a donation. Turns out when you dio you get a reply from Bono thanking you. Pretty neat - I guess I will be saving that text for a while.
Late here. Off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment