Escaping the city
Well - I am now officially back on the road, down under 'down under' in Tasmania. A bit of a rocky start accommodation-wise, and the price and speed of internet access down here is shocking, but it's good to be in Tassie at last.
After a few days in Hobart, trying to get used to being back on the road again, I decided I needed a holiday so headed up the east coast in search of some peace and quiet and the sound of the sea. The east coast of Tasmania is beautiful, and I stopped in Bicheno for 3 days and just relaxed by the wee sandy beach.
It was so lovely there, and it reminded me so much of late summer at home. Blackberries ripening, the white-grey sand, the colour of the sea. The cooler temperatures probably had something to do with it too. Such a nice change from the heat of Sydney.
Not seen any Devils yet - though something growled at me from the bushes on my walk the other day...
Not much else to report really. I'm in Launceston tonight then hiring a car for a few days and heading off exploring. Hoping to get to the the Penny Farthing races tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment