Birthdays, anniversaries and celebrations
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!!!!
OK - it's a few days late on the blog, but knowing you, you won't have read it for ages, so there you go ;)
So - I feel like I have been here, there and everywhere this last week and a bit. And I think it has left my head in a bit of a spin since I almost turned up for my flight to Darwin this morning, 24 hours early, after travelling back to Brisbane yesterday especially for the flight. Such a dumb ass. You'd think after 2 years I would be good at this travelling lark.
Still - it falls into place with all the other stupid things I have been doing recently. Like walking away from the cash machine without taking my cash. This has now happened 4 times since I have been in Oz, whereas I had never done it before. Maybe it's travel fatigue. Or maybe it's the brain cells finally giving up now that I am officially an 'old bugger' according to my friends...
Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, but I have now stopped celebrating my birthday and am instead celebrating the anniversaries of my bungee jump. :)
The birthday itself was quiet, but good. I finally managed to catch up with Bella on the way back down from Cairns and we had breakfast together in Hervey Bay before I headed down to meet up with Neil, Michael and Gemma who had made me a lovely cake complete with big sparklers.
And, if that wasn't enough excitement for a 31-year-old to handle, we all then headed down to Maclean ('The Scottish Town in Australia') for the Easter weekend to partake in the Highland Gathering festivities. Lots of tartan (including on the lamp posts), lots of pipe-bands and a truely awful pub band called 'Jocks and Kilts'... Good weekend though. And it's always interesting to see how another country views your own culture.
Off to Darwin tomorrow (if I have read the flight details right this time). I'll be in Darwin for a few days before heading off on an 18-day trip down to Melbourne via all the must see-places and including some nights camping out under the stars. V excited about it. Not least of all because it's 18 days worth of someone else organising my transport, food and bed for the night. Woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment