Monday, June 09, 2008

777 days on the road

bed count: 167

I'm sure something big happened since I last posted. Now, what was it? Hmmmmm...

Yeah, yeah so I am back in the UK. After another few days in NZ with my mum I waved her off for her flight and then followed in her footsteps the next day, arriving back in Glasgow on my 777th day on the road. Neatly timed!

The flight back was fine and dandy and, weirdly, even though I completely reversed my day and night I didn't suffer jet lag at all. Or maybe it's just a delayed reaction and I will suddenly keel over next week. But then I might have to blame the drink for that, since I am currently having to spend every evening in the pub as my telly isn't working... Shame!

So far I don't seem to have struggled as much as some others with this 'settling back into life in your home country' thing. Maybe because I was away so long. Or possibly because I am not trying to settle back in the place / life that I left behind. Or it could just be down to the fact that the weather has been beautiful since I got back and I am living in a lovely wee house right next to the shore and 5 mins walk from the pub (recurring theme...). But don't worry - the denial about earning money and thinking about the future will soon wear off and then I am sure I will feel as crap as everyone else!

So - I am on Jura for the moment and hope to be for the rest of the summer. The plans for heading off again in the winter are still vaguely there, but I am enjoying just being here so far.

Pics will follow once I get my broadband sorted - both of the end of the trip and Jura in all it's glory. Watch this space.

No comments: