Monday, September 24, 2007

Feastability festival

So - I as feeling a little tetchy all week. A bit home sick really. Crossing my fingers for my lottery numbers to come up hadn't worked which meant I was facing the second year in a row of missing the music festival. And, even in sunny Sydney I was feeling a little low.

The lead-up to these things is always the worst though. I reach a point of no-return where I know that there wouldn't be any point in splashing out on a last-minute ticket home because the party would be over by the time I touched down in the UK and I just have to accept that it ain't gonna happen. After that the homesickness eases slightly.

Still - it was very nice to have a weekend full of distractions to keep my mind off all the fun you guys at the music festival were having. On Saturday that mainly involved sleeping and spending the afternoon sketching at the Art of Islam exhibition. But it was Sunday that was the highlight really.

Whilst everyone in the village hall was stripping the willow I was sat in the sun and 25 degree heat sipping beer (and wine and daiquiris) and eating Mexican / Indian / African / etc food at the Feastability festival in Newtown with Susan and co., whilst appreciating the acts on 2 different stages which included a covers band fronted by Gordon Muir's doppelganger, Sydney's finest drag act doing a Kylie medley, and lots of people hula-hooping. Not a bad consolation prize for missing the music festival I reckon.

A special thanks to Susan for being adamant that I would have a great weekend in Sydney and for insisting that I drank her share of the daiquiris too since the baby isn't really into them... Took plenty of pictures and will post them ASAP.

No comments: