Living the dream
bed count: 3
Unemployed and homeless - living the dream!
Seem to have spent the last few days wading through 'stuff' to try and figure out what needs packing, on the phone to banks, and eating out with people who I am not going to see for a while.
The latter has atleast give me the opportunity to truely appreciate Scotland's smoking ban. Fantastic! Hours in the pub and my hair and clothes don't stink!
I think that it's a credit to Scotland - not only that we've taken the step, but also that Scotland's smokers have been so gracious about it. For the minority of smokers (like the bampots in the Clachan in Drymen the other night) who have been vocal in their oppositon I can only refer to the point that one commentator pointed out this weekend: I've quietly put up with your smoke this long, you're not getting any sympathy from me about having to stand outside for a fag.
So - small diversion from the travel blog I know. But I'm not going to be able to comment on life in Scotland for much longer, so I am sure you'll indulge me.
3 beds down. Much packing left to do. 2 more sleeps til I leave Glasgow. Scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment