Leaving
bed count: 4
Leaving is draining.
I think it would be much easier if this had been a snap decision and we only had 2 weeks to prepare. But this has been a long time coming for Alec and I.
I met up with a school friend last week and she reminded me that we used to talk in 6th form about heading off to New Zealand. So I have had the travelling bug for 11 years at least.
We seem to have been 'leaving' for months now. And, when I finally came to pack, I panicked about not remembering all the good advice I had been given.
I have already forgotten atleast half of the stuff I have read about what to take and where to go.
But I have, effectively, 'left'. I have started my world travels. Okay - the first stop is Banbury, but I feel like I have left home already.
I miss Glasgow. I miss Scotland. But there is a whole big (scary) world out there and I'll be back home someday.
1 comment:
Look forward to seeing you Thursday.... although technically it will still be Wednesday in UK when you arrive!
Don't forget my barbecue crisps!
Post a Comment