Saturday, April 08, 2006

Little India

bed count: 6

In an internet Cafe in Little India as it was peeing it down when we came out of 'Mustafa Centre' where you can buy pretty much anything under the sun (including really pretty sandals for 4GBP).

Also bought a digi camera so Alec and I don't keep arguing over the other one. Maybe a bit decadent to have two, but the price is worth it for marital harmony...

We ate out in this area last night sitting outside a little shop on yellow plastic seats - looked kind of like a dodgy kebab shop back home.

Really good curry and lime juice though. A big plate of food and good service all for just c. 4.50 GBP per head.

Little India is so different to the other parts of the city we've been to. As soon as you get off the MRT the faces change from predominantly Chinese to predominantly Indian and the smell of the incense and fresh herbs from the small shops and the bright colours of the womens' saris feels like such a change from down town.

Glad to have a bit of time to explore today before we head to Chinatown. Just so much I want to buy but I have to keep reminding myself I only have a rucksack...

Went to see Alex playing at the Prince of Wales pub last night. V good. Supporting 'The Spy Experiment' who are very popular here. Touted as Singapore's equivalent of the Killers. I understand where people are coming from on that one, but they're pretty damned good in their own right.

Also found the pool at Alex and Najine's appartment. Lovely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Footnote to that - it's The Great Spy Experiment and you can find out about them at http://www.myspace.com/thegreatspyexperiment

I think they are great (although the spy bit may be dubious...)