It's the final countdown! (da da da daa, da d da da da...)
bed count: 30
And, bed number 31 will be on our flight to New Zealand!!!!
Sooooo excited. 7.15am and I am already up and showered and have tried to call Neil to wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Neil, of course, isn't sitting by the phone (even the phone in the Jura bar) waiting for a call from his one and only sister but out partying. 24 eh! I remember...)
I got up this morning and Alec took a sleepy look at me and said, 'Oh my god, you're hyper'. So I have banished myself to the free internet for a little while to give the poor man some peace. I am going to be like this all day.
SE Asia has been good and I am sure I will use the free internet at Singapore airport later to kill time and give you my top ten SEA experiences. But, in relative terms, the plan to come to SEA was only made recently - i.e. within the last year or so.
New Zealand on the other hand has been a rather longer love affair. In fact I have wanted to visit the land of the long white cloud for literally half my life. Today is finally the day I board that plane.
Feels like I should do some massive speech about everything this means. Everything I have been through to get here. But I think I will just go and bounce on the bed and sing 'we're going to New Zealand, we're going to New Zealand' until Alec whacks me with a pillow instead...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
1 comment:
Auckland baby! North for a while. They have had 2 feet of snow and mass power cuts in the south island this last week...
Post a Comment