Monday, December 31, 2007

Cool new things I did in 2007 (in no particular order)

  • Turned 30
  • Rang in the New Year in a new country / continent / hemisphere
  • Grew chillies on my balcony
  • Flew a plane
  • Went further south than I have ever been
  • Paraglid (paraglided?????)
  • Vagabonded round the South Island of New Zealand
  • Bungee jumped
  • Arrived in Australia
  • Saw a performance at the Sydney Opera House
  • Went to 2 kite festivals
  • Swam with dolphins
  • Saw Comet McNaught in fabulously clear skies over Motueka (next seen in 85000 years)
  • Went on a double decker train
  • Saw wallabies in the wild
  • Made my own glass beads
  • Watched 'Rebel without a Cause' in an outdoor cinema (first outdoor cinema)
  • Saw the Dalia Lama
  • Watched sealions frolic on the beach
  • Tried archery, and hit the bulls eye
  • Saw penguins in the wild
  • Made my own 'glass objects' using Slumping and fusing techniques
  • Visited a glacier (2 actually - in the same day)
  • Completed a 3D maze
  • Had cocktails in an ice bar
  • Went fishing in a kayak
  • Toured a brewery
  • Made my own silver jewellery
  • Walked up the steepest street in the world
  • Went boxing
  • Ate kangaroo and emu
  • Had some of my jewellery included in an exhibition
  • Took a trip on the world's steepest railway
  • Started learning Spanish
  • Fed rays
  • Attended a beer festival
  • Worked for an investment bank (okay -it might not sound so cool - and some days it isn't - but it's what's funding the next leg of the trip... Which is cool. Because then I will hopefully have another exciting list for 2008!)

And - I was going to say 'slept in 53 new beds'. But then I looked at last year's list and realised I had slept in 53 new beds last year too, so it's not technically 'new'. Spooky - I see a pattern emerging!

Happy Hogmany to you and yours. Here's to 2008!

1 comment:

Alexander the State said...

Like it... I may nick that idea for my blog. Not that I have been very good at staying updated!

Happy Hogmanay!

x