Saturday, December 15, 2007

Okay then

So - it's been a long while since I last posted, for reasons which are pretty obvious to many of those of you who know me. (Yes - believe it or not there are people I have never met me that read the blog...)

Anyhow - it's been a weird year in many and various ways. On the one hand I have been on the road and, for the most part, loving it. I have got to visit places I have wanted to see for a long time. I have done some fantastic new things (bungee jumping and flying a plane to name but two). I have met some fabulous new friends and caught up with old ones. I have branched out artistically and learnt some great new skills.

But, whilst all this has been going on, I have also been dealing with the hard and sad process of trying, and ultimately failing, to save my marriage. I can't begin to explain to you all how hard this has been. How many times I just wanted to be back at home and everything to be fine again.

I know I have a reputation for being strong and thick skinned and bolshy. And yes, people are right when they tell me that they know I will get through this and be a stronger person. But, you know what, it still hurts like hell.

It's been such a long process to get to this point and it feels like I have been living with a really difficult situation for a really long time. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it didn't work out.

It's been a tough year, but there are so many things from 2007 that were so cool and that I wouldn't miss out on. But let's just say I am looking forward to 2008.

No comments: