Sting amidst the stingers
So we ventured up to Palm Beach today to make the most of the clear blue skies and the warm sun. It's actually a little cooler here than last week (24 degrees) but last week it was overcast and humid whereas today it's been sunny and we've had a nice breeze blowing through.
Palm Beach is just under 2 hours and $6 out of Sydney and, if you watch Home and Away, you'll be familiar with the area.
It was good to go through parts of Sydney I haven't been through yet, but even better to get out of the city. Sure, Sydney has nice beaches - Bondi, Coogee and Manly for instance - but these all have varying degrees of ponciness and a variety of local neds. It was so nice to be out of the city and on a real beach with yachts racing across the horizon and no souvenir shop in sight!
We didn't do much to be honest - lay in the sun, played frisbee in the surf, wrestled with an uncompliant beach umbrella, but it was a good day.
So - where do the stingers come into it? Well, I saw a wee one whilst I was walking along the beach. And I just wanted to work it into the title as, when we got back home, we saw on the news that Sting had been sharing our beach... We even saw his boat in the harbour and everything.
I don;t know - I was first at Bondi when all the wives (and husband) of the APEC leaders were there and now Sting follows me to Palm Beach! I'm so popular!
No comments:
Post a Comment