Autumn on Lake Wakatipu
bed count: 96
I love Autumn. The weather's cooler, but we have snow on the mountain tops, a crystal-clear light and a landscape the colour of fire.
Not much to report here really, though I was amused to read a BBC website article saying Milngavie is the fabbest place to live in the UK the other day. I wonder if this has only been the case since we moved out. Alec reckons it must be down to the friendly local bobbies...
Alec has landed a job in the court buildings in Sydney. He doesn't get to wear a wig though. He's still staying in the hostel he's been in since he arrived, having finally secured one of the coveted bottom bunk in the dorm room, and mainly appears to be eating beans.
I stayed in Queenstown a couple of nights this week and went out for drinks with friends, hence the increased bed count. Maybe I will make it to 100 before I leave NZ.
Thinking about what I am doing next, but not coming to any decisions quickly. I really want to see Fiona in Christchurch before she heads off to Eilidh's wedding, but I'm really at home in my wee hut in Glenorchy too. Would like to stay on there for another week or so, but it depends on work.
Work - ah yes. Thats' what I am supposed to be doing now, so I better get back to it...
p.s. - ah yeah. Managed to put a few more photos online. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I am having trouble leaving a message as the blog people keep rejecting it !!
Just wanted to say Happy (belated big) birthday and come home soon!!! No really - don't.. I hope all is good and you are manageing ok without the fella. Have found an amazing cook book (ISBN 0-091-87415-7 Madhur curry bible. (Actually the best in the world!!)
There is NO need to come back - it is all the same. Nothing really happens as Del Am always said. Stay and have the best time ever. Enjoy the snow xxx
Post a Comment