Thursday, April 05, 2007

One year on the road

So, it is a year and a day since we left the UK and exactly one year since we arrived in Singapore. How time flies.

It all seems very surreal. In one respect it feels like we're still only at the beginning of the trip. But then the 3 months in Paihia almost seem like longer ago than my last trip to Jura.

To be honest, there have been plenty of times I very nearly didn't make it to the one year mark. People tend to think it's a thrill a minute travelling, but there have been plenty of days where I missed friends / family / my own bed / my own space / marks and spencers chicken stock / etc.

But, I did make it. One year on the road. I wonder where I will be this time next year....

2 comments:

matt and trace said...

HAPPY TRAVELLING ANNIVERSARY! Congrats and well done - you're right it's not always easy, but it helps when you meet nice friends along the way ; )

Happy Easter!

Take care and hope to see you over in Oz very soon! T & M xxx

K said...

Ahh - you're so right. I've missed my friends back home but it's been great meeting new friends on the road. Cheers guys. ;) Kxx