Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Back to work

bed count: 95

Well, my first week of paid work since November is going fine. Glenorchy is as beautiful as I remember it and there aren't any real pains in the ass at the hotel (well - not on the staff anyway). There are a couple of people who like to micro manage a bit much, but there are also a good few people who I know will keep me sane. These include Julie from London and Jeff from Ireland, who is the spitting image of my brother Neil.

Anyhow, I am safely installed in my wee hut on the camp site. I have plenty of room and have made a sofa out of one of the bunks. Not that I am in the cabin much, what with working an average of 10-11 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I've managed to head down to Queenstown once, but I think that will be me for a while as I need to be saving and there are too many temptations in town!

Anyhow - really not that much to report unless you want to know the ins and outs of feeding 100 people on the Dart River Cruise every lunch time. Will try and get some goss for the next post.

Oh - nearly forgot - they have been filiming the next Narnia movie just down the road and we've had people staying at the hotel. Not that I saw anyone famous, but that's about as interesting as it gets at the mo.

No comments: