Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ALFA-1

So yes - today is officially ALFA-1. Or, in plain speak - Alec leaves for Australia tomorrow. He has to be at the airport by 5am, which means a lovely early start... But the alternative was him flying this evening so we chose an extra couple of hours together.

By rights we should have everything sorted now. But Alec only booked his hostel this morning (I had to make him sit down and do it) and the room still looks like a bit of a state. But I am sure everything will come good.

We did take everything out of the car the other day to give it a good clean as we thought we might as well get a quote from the garage for buying the car whilst we were in getting a new bulb. We had everything spread out in the sun on the lawn in front of the hostel and this Kiwi couple stopped for a chat and bought our camping mats for $10. Not bad.

We also managed to get our bulb fitted for free at the garage as they were having problems with their internet connection and Alec had a look at it for them. So, we've been doing pretty well.

I'va also just got heaps of free toiletries and food from Matt and Trace, who sold their camper van yesterday. They stayed in the hostel with us last night and are trying to convince us to go on the Trans-Mongolian Express with them later on in the year. We'll see...

I've been trying to convince Alec that he would feel a lot better about leaving me in NZ if I had a puppy for company. I even tried tugging at his heart strings by taking him to the pet shop to see puppies for sale (yes - they really do still have doggies in the window here). But, alas, it looks like I am going to have to adopt a dog down in Glenorchy like I have been doing everywhere we go. The dog at the current hostel is a Jack Russell called Lombok and he's very cute.

Anyhow - I am not sure how easy it will be to update the blog whilst I am in Glenorchy, or how interesting I would be able to make day-to-day life, so posting might become less regular for a wee while. If you're really bored you can always go back and look at any earlier bits of the blog you missed, or flick through our photos.

Feel free to drop me a line by email too and I will try and get back to you. It's always nice hearing from people. For those of you with my NZ mobile number - you should also bear in mind that there is no signal in Glenorchy.

But that's it for now. I suppose I better go and spend some time with my husband before he heads off north.

No comments: