Future plans
bed count: 92
So, that's us up to date with what has been happening. Hopefully I will get the photos sorted too this evening. (No photos of the bungee I'm afraid - they only give you print outs, which is a bit of a shame).
But what's in store for the next leg of our international adventure?
Well, after rubbing it in that we have been spending lazy days on the beach, etc, it's now time to get a job... The good news is that I have been offered a job at the Glenorchy hotel. It's in a lovely little village just outside of Queenstown and is pretty busy with everyone coming up from QT to do the Dart River Safari and look at Lord of the Rings sites.
Whilst it might not sound like good news to some people, the other bonus is that it's long hours - likely to be 60+ hours a week. To be honest, this is fine by me as working 60 hour weeks for 2 months is much better than working 30 hour weeks for 4 months whilst you're travelling. A) you don't have time to go and spend any money and B) you get to hit the road again much sooner. All that and I get to spend about 30 hours a week in the pub!
Alec, on the other hand, is heading to Oz on 28th March. He's going to be working too, but he'll also be seeing some of the stuff that I am not bothered about in Australia. After almost a year on the road together it seemed like a good time to do this. After all - if we're both working long hours we wouldn't get to see much of each other anyway. Plan is that I'll head over to Oz in a wee while once I have earnt some money.
Of course I will miss him, but on the moment I am looking forward to spending the next week together and focusing on the fact that I am going to be earning some money. Plus I am actually going to have my own room! One which I don't have to share with a bunch of strangers or move out of in a few days! It's the small things in life you see...
No comments:
Post a Comment