Office work
So, I am working in Queenstown today and will be for the next week or so. Being the 'shoulder season' here (between the summer hols and the ski season) there aren't going to be as many hours at the hotel. I'd still have work there, but it would just take me longer to meet my savings target.
So - I am doing weekends at the hotel and working for a travel company in QT during the week updating their brochures for them. Still staying down at Glenorchy most nights as it's only a 40 min drive down the road, but I am planning on a few nights in QT too.
It seems a pretty good office. The people are friendly enough and there is half a bottle of gin on top of the fridge, a set of bongos in the store room and a very, very lovely dog called Cougar to play with when I get cross-eyed from staring at the screen too much. If only all offices were like that the world would be a better place!
Anyhow - the Autumn colours here are getting more spectacular by the day with a whole hillside of yellow opposite the office I am working in. It's been a little nippy out and about with the wind blowing over the dusting of snow on the mountains. But it's just been a good excuse to sit by the open fire in the pub after work.
I will try to take (and upload) some photos of both the lovely colours and the lovely dog soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment