Friday, June 08, 2007

Boxing

Well - you can tell winter has arrived in Sydney - I had to wear a cardi to work this morning... I also had to buy and umbrealla yesterday because of the torrential downpours here. It's a Bank Holiday weekend coming up, so it's only to be expected. Apparently there will be up to 20mm of rain over the weekend. Everyone's celebrating. This is drought country remember.

Sorry - it's not actually a Bank Holiday it's the Queens Birthday weekend - apparently there is a difference and I am expected to know this, being a brit and all. Look mate - we get Monday off - that's all I care about.

It's a nice way to ease into work actually. 3 days this week, 4 days the next, and then onto a full working week. Work's fine. It's always interesting getting used to someone else's filing system for a website. Nice people, a little quiet, but then I do have a morning tea, a lunch and afternoon drinks to go to for someone's leaving do today, so maybe that will all change.
Feeling a little sore today as I joined the gym the other day and went to my first boxing class last night. Now, that's a good workout! Did manage to accidentally kick my partner but have so far managed to avoid punching anyone in the face. I was thinking of doing kick boxing too, but I reckon I can only manage one workout of that intensity a week. I'm also thinking about running the 7km 'City to Surf' run in August. It's a good goal to aim for.

A belated Happy Birthday to Krish and Matty for 6th of June. Aren't you big boys now! Hope you had a great day.

No comments: