Shortest day of the year??
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY LESLEY!
Hope that you both had / have loads of pressies and a great day.
So - it's the shortest day of the year here. I think. There is some discussion in the office about whether it's today or the 22nd and I seem to remember similar conversations last year in NZ. I am working on the assumption that the longest day in the UK is the shortest day here, but maybe there is something skewy about the earth's rotation that I don't know about.
So anyway - whether it's today or tomorrow you wouldn't know it anyway. I got up early to go to the gym before work and it was proper daylight well before 7am. On the longest day in Glasgow we'd be lucky to get that much light by 9.30!
Plus, it is apparently 'very cold' here at the moment. I am quite amused by the number of people walking down the streets well wrapped up wearing hats and gloves as I pass with my cardi in hand because it's too hot to wear it. Hmm - not sure how I am going to handle summer!
Anyhow - been keeping myself out of trouble by becoming obsessed with social networking sites - mainly Bebo as that seems to be where all the drunken Jura bums are, but also Facebook for the more respectable types. If you're on Bebo or Facebook feel free to be my friend and take my quiz. Alternatively you could 'Become a Fan' of this fantastic new musician - Neil J Gow!
So anyway - supposed to be working so I supposed I better had.
P.S. - Eddie Izzard in Ocean's 13??????? Surreal!
No comments:
Post a Comment